BBU application - response by Valencia

Unpromted contribution

Broken glass all on the floor and in my hair and skin. Crumpled metal nearly crushing my entire body. The smell of smoke. Chilling darkness, the blue and red lights flashing in the distance providing little relief.
“Ma’am, can you hear me?”

Stiff blankets weighing down on me. The beeping and buzzing of machinery everywhere, enough to nearly drive me mad. Blinding, unforgiving white light. My dry mouth and cold hands refusing to cooperate with me despite my best efforts.
“I’m sorry ma’am, I’m afraid you were the only survivor.”

I wake up in a cold sweat. I sigh a breath of relief at the familiarity of my home, my room. But I look around me. A king-sized bed that is now far too big. An empty cot in an abandoned corner.
It was just a dream, but I remember again. The nightmare is far from over.

Prompted contribution

Prompt

Response

I looked to the phone and quickly back at the bird. It was still there. Huh, maybe birds really ARE spy drones working for the bourgeoisie, I thought to myself. I stared at it unwaveringly as I reached for the phone.

“Hello?”

No response.

“Hello? Who is this?”

Still no response.

Fuck it, I don’t have time for this, I thought as I hung up. Immediately the bird let out a huge caw and thunder cracked.
This was all really starting to freak me out. I tried speaking to the bird again. “What do you want? Is there something you’re trying to tell me?”
The bird remained silent. Fine, be that way, I thought. I’ll just go back to my work then. I turned back to my sculpture and just before I could touch it, the bird cawed twice and thunder struck again.

I’d had enough. I went to the bird and yelled at it, “WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME DAMNIT?”. The bird looked up at me with its seemingly soulless jet black eyes and opened its mouth.

“YOU IDIOT! I’M COLD AND WET. JUST LET ME IN!”